What happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday December 25 and Saturday December 31 2016:
- Brett Smith wrote a report on our recent summit meeting on behalf of the Software Freedom Conservancy.
Reproducible bugs filed
Reviews of unreproducible packages
7 package reviews have been added, 12 have been updated and 14 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
2 issue types have been updated:
Weekly QA work
During our reproducibility testing, the following FTBFS bugs have been detected and reported by:
- Chris West (19)
- Chris Lamb (7)
- Rob Browning (1)
- Chris Lamb:
- Avoid unnecessary string manipulation writing --text output (~20x speedup).
- Avoid n iterations over archive files (~8x speedup).
- Memoize calls to
distutils.spawn.find_executableto avoid excessive
- Progress bar:
- Show current file / ELF section under analysis etc. in progress bar.
- Move the
--status-fdoutput to use JSON and to include the current filename.
- Code tidying:
- Ensure that running from Git will always use that checkout's Python modules.
- Mattia Rizzolo:
- Reiner Herrmann:
- strip-nondeterminism 0.029-2 was uploaded to unstable by Mattia Rizzolo to include a fix by Chris Lamb to fix the autopkgtest tests.
- Chris Lamb:
- Show progress bar and position in queue, etc.
- Promote command-line client with PyPI instructions.
- Increase comparison time limit to 90 seconds.
- Run half of the
arm64build nodes in the future. (h01ger)
testingscheduling (on i386 and armhf) now #846564 and #844701 bugs in
dpkgare fixed in that suite. (h01ger)
This week's edition was written by Chris Lamb, Holger Levsen and was reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.