Here's what happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday February 12 and Saturday February 18 2017:
The Reproducible Build Zoo will be presented by Vagrant Cascadian at the Embedded Linux Conference in Portland, Oregon, February 22nd.
Introduction to Reproducible Builds will be presented by Vagrant Cascadian at Scale15x in Pasadena, California, March 5th.
Toolchain development and fixes
Ximin Luo posted a preliminary
BUILD_PATH_PREFIX_MAP, bringing together work and research from previous
Ximin refactored and consolidated much of our existing documentation on both
BUILD_PATH_PREFIX_MAP into one unified page,
with extended discussion on related solutions and how these all fit into
people's ideas of what reproducible builds should look like in the long term.
The specific pages for each variable still remain, at Timestamps
without content that was previously duplicated on both pages.
Packages reviewed and fixed, and bugs filed
- #854999 filed against moin, and forwarded upstream.
- #855002 filed against samplv1, and forwarded upstream.
- #855426 filed against fritzing-parts.
- #855480 filed against examl.
Reviews of unreproducible packages
35 package reviews have been added, 1 have been updated and 17 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
1 issue type has been added:
Weekly QA work
During our reproducibility testing, the following FTBFS bugs have been detected and reported by:
- Chris Lamb (2)
diffoscope 77 was uploaded to unstable by Mattia Rizzolo. It included contributions from:
- Chris Lamb:
- Some fixes to tests and testing config
- Don't track archive directory locations, a better fix for CVE-2017-0359.
- Add --exclude option. Closes: #854783
- Mattia Rizzolo:
- Add my key to debian/upstream/signing-key.asc
- Add CVE-2017-0359 to the changelog of v76
- Ximin Luo:
- When extracting archives, try to keep directory sizes small
strip-nondeterminism 0.031-1 was uploaded to unstable by Chris Lamb. It included contributions from:
- Chris Lamb:
- Make the tests less brittle, by not testing for stat(2) blksize and blocks. #854937
strip-nondeterminism 0.031-1~bpo8+1 was uploaded to jessie-backports by Mattia.
- Vagrant Cascadian and Holger Levsen set up two new armhf nodes for Debian tests, p64b and p64c running on pine64 boards with an arm64 kernel and armhf userland. This introduces kernel variations to armhf.
- Holger also added new setup & maintenance jobs, plus 6 new builder jobs for Debian armhf.
- Hans-Christoph Steiner continued work on setting up reproducible tests for F-Droid, now with daily tests for faster progress. These tests are now also using the Android SDK from Debian/stretch packages.
- Mattia Rizzolo added IRC notification to the job testing for mismatches between diffoscope's pypi and Debian archive versions.
- Mattia also improved the tempfile handling of the Debian builder jobs.
- Since we've deployed pbuilder 0.228.4 everywhere, Mattia could also simplify the pbuilder configuration and reenable the build directory name variation for Debian reproducibility tests.
This week's edition was written by Ximin Luo & Holger Levsen & reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.